Wednesday 9 February 2011

Music or Misery? - Lieder gegen Liebeskummer

"What came first - the music or the misery? Did I listen to music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to music?"
Today, I started something, I should have done ages ago. I bought "High Fidelity" (by Nick Hornby) and started reading it again. It's fucking amazing and so full of wisdom. Just after a few pages, the heart-broken world becomes a better one. Probably, most people know that book. For those Germans who don't, I've added a little summary:

"High Fidelity" ist die Geschichte des Plattenladenbesitzers Rob, der von seiner Freundin verlassen wird. Fortan teilt er das Leben in Hitlisten ein, um es in den Griff zu bekommen. "High Fidelity" begründete die Popliteratur der 90er Jahre. Darf man mit Leuten befreundet sein, deren Plattensammlung hauptsächlich aus Tina-Turner-Alben besteht? Kann man eine Frau lieben, deren bevorzugte Band die Simple Minds sind? -Von seiner Freundin verlassen kann Rob sich endlich mit den wahrhaft wichtigen Fragen des Lebens auseinandersetzen, wieder ungestört in der eigenen Wohnung rauchen, er überlegt, wie wohl sein nächster One Night Stand aussehen wird und sortiert erstmal seine Plattensammlung. Kurz: Er genießt die Rückkehr ins Königreich der Singles. Aber die Freude ist nur von kurzer Dauer... (Tonspion.de)

For those Internationals who don't know it: Google it! Or better: Read it!

Rob, the main character,  is really crazy about telling his TOP5 of everything you can imagine. Split-ups for example. Or Music. Especially music, as he's working in a record shop.

While thinking about the book, I started thinking about the music that helped me. And I want to post these songs here. It's not really a TOP5. Not even a TOP10. Just a list of songs, somehow important to me those days. Don't care about the ranking. It's definitely not sorted by importance. Those who know the stories may recognize some things in the lines. You might like some of the songs and don't like others. And you may remember them, if you need to. I would be glad, if I had helped someone. But I really hope you don't need to remember them.

I'm really excited to hear about your songs in a similar situation. So please, please, please post them. Please!
Finally, before the list starts, I've got to point out: Shuffle is an arsehole!!!


1. SOAD - Lonely Day
2. Roxette - It must have been love
3. Mutabor - Liebe
4. Böhse Onkelz - Nichts ist für die Ewigkeit
5. Böhse Onkelz - Für Immer
6. Nelly Furtado - All good things
7. Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven
8. Virginia Jetzt - Wahre Liebe
9. Virginia Jetzt - Teile deines Lebens
10. Iron Maiden - The Prisoner
 11. Schandmaul - Dein Anblick
12. Silbermond - Durch die Nacht
13. Bob Marley - No Woman no cry
14. JBO - Ka Alde, ka G'schrei
15. Dritte Wahl - Dummheit kann man nicht verbieten
15. Dritte Wahl - Fliegen
16. Böhse Onkelz - Auf gute Freunde
17. Böhse Onkelz - Erinnerungen
18. Böhse Onkelz - Das ist mein Leben
19. Mutabor - Abgestandenes Bier
20. In Extremo - Küss mich
21. In Extremo - Frei zu sein
22. Freiwild - Sie hat dir nen Arschtritt gegeben
23. Freiwild - Irgendwer steht dir zur Seite
24. Freiwild - Sieger stehen da auf, wo Verlierer liegen bleiben

No comments:

Post a Comment